Wednesday 15 May 2013

When I got my plant it was healthy, I took it out of the soil and planted it in a jar. This jar had no soil in it, it only consisted out of water. I made use of a sponge to support the weight of the plant. I did my regular water changes weekly (changes the water once a week). After a while the health and growth condition of my plant increased/changes drastically. The plant was even more healthier than before; this made me feel very proud about myself and the plants improvement as well. As I already mentioned in my previous blogs, that the plant like to much direct sunlight. My plant grew so much and his leaves was so big that I had to replace my jar with a bigger jar. Firstly the plant was living in a peanut butter jar, but because of his growth I had to swap the peanut butter jar for a mayonnaise jar. At first I thought this was a good plan but after a while I notice that my plant improvement was not that good. I thought this was so because it got to much sunlight. I than placed it in a different angle as before; but still the condition of my plant did not improve. This was very sad to me, so I decided to changes the water more often. I changed the water twice a week instead of once, but still no changes it only got worst. I then came to the conclusion that it could be because of the jars swap that the condition of my plant decreased. By realizing that I almost caused the death of my plant, I made some changes again.

I took my plant out of the jar, changed I changed the water like I always did. This kept on going for a few weeks until I decided that the only way to improve the health condition of my plant was by cleansing its roots as well (or that's what I thought). For a number of weeks I did that in hoping my plants condition will improve and it would be as healthy as it was before; but sadly nothing happened. I lost all hope of saving little UNombuyiselo. I tried everything even take him out of the sunlight but still nothing.

Likely for me, Little UNombuyiselo is a fighter and is still alive although her condition is not so good as before. I think I must take her out of the mayonnaise jar and place her in her old jar again, maybe she liked it better I'll  never know. Her life long dream was to be part of nature and that is what I was planning to do next, plant her amounts the various other plants in my garden.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment