Monday 22 April 2013

1 Month Plant Growth

I converted the results posted at the lab of the one month plant growth into the following two graphs:



The first one is the results for the isolated fish and the second for the non-isolated fish.


An average of these results for each group, as well as the results for my RPI1 experiment is as follows:


When comparing my RPI1 fish to the results for the isolated fish, I can see that even though my total root length is more than the average, both my plant height and number of new shoots are below average.

When comparing the averages of the isolated vs. the non-isolated fish, I can see that the isolated fish are doing better than the non-isolated fish as the total root length, plant height and number of new shoots are more. This may have something to do with the fact that these fish are competitive, but the other contributing factor may be that the isolated fish are placed more in direct light than the non-isolated fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment