Tuesday 30 April 2013

MY hOME PLAnt (contiuation of water quality results for week 3)

The water quality for the third week has improved drastically due to have 2 water changes done per week.

for BPN1: the results have stayed the same no changes have occurred, where as for BPI1 the nitrates and nitrites have decreased to where there are no traces of these elements in the water which is a good thing for the fish and the plant.

It was asked if we should still carry on with 2 water changes or should we go back to doing 1 water change per week. It was decided that we would carry on with the routine of doing 2 water changes per week as to avoid the water quality going back to what it used to be.

Back to my plant at home, i have not noticed any insects on my plant, most of my leaves are going darker green and the colour of my water has not changed since i brought it home. I have only changed my water twice and after that all i had to do was top it up twice a week.

what i have noticed about my plant is that my leaves have started to tear by themselves and i am not sure as to why that happens. If anyone knows, feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment