Thursday, 4 April 2013

Hypoestes Experiment

Hey everyone!

I was excited when I first received the Hypoestes plant in class. My plant was small when i first received it and only consisted of Pinkish leaves. I cleaned the roots of the plant and inserted it into a suitable container with clean tap water. After about three days I could notice a change in the quality of the leaves of the plant. It was about 11cm tall. A week later a for of the big leaves started to discolour and some fell off. However, while that was happening tiny new shoots were growing at the same time. I noticed that all the new leaves were green with pink spots on them instead of purple leaves with pink spots on them. The quality to date is not good as the leaves are dying quickly and the new leaves are partly healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment